Awards and nominations
|FINALIST – Large Employer of the Year – Australian Training Awards
Photo: Department Manager Capability and Performance, Kate Blizzard; CEO, Michael Brewster; and
Coordinator Capability and Performance, Kylie Murphy receive the Australian Training Awards - Tasmania.
Having won the Tasmanian Large Employer of the Year Award in September, TasWater was chosen as one of only a few finalists out of hundreds of entries that were submitted nationally, taking second place in November 2016.
The Australian Training Awards began in 1994 and are the peak, national awards for the vocational education and training (VET) sector, recognising individuals, businesses and registered training organisations for their contribution to skilling Australia.
TasWater stands out for its commitment to continuous improvement and innovation in the design and delivery of training.This has led to national awareness and respect for TasWater as a leader in workforce development and skills provision.
TasWater awards and nominations 2016
- Winner: Best Individual Contribution to Work Health and Safety Award – WorkSafe Tasmania
- Winner: Best Health and Safety Representative of the Year Award – WorkSafe Tasmania
- Winner: IXOM 2016 Best Tap Water in Australia – Water Industry Operators Association of Australia
- Winner: Tasmanian Training Awards, Large Employer of the Year – Skills Tasmania
- Winner: Water Industry Safety Excellence Award – Water Service Association of Australia
- Winner: Tasmanian Young Water Professional of the Year – Australian Water Association
- Finalist: Best Work Health and Safety Management System Award – WorkSafe Tasmania
- Finalist: Best Solution to an Identified Work Health and Safety Issue Award – WorkSafe Tasmania
- Finalist: Australian Training Awards, Large Employer of the Year Award – Australian Government
TasWater awards and nominations 2015
- Winner: Workplace Health and Safety Leadership Award – WorkSafe Tasmania
- Winner: Best Workplace Health and Safety Initiative Award – WorkSafe Tasmania
- Winner: Beyond Compliance Award – WorkSafe Tasmania