The diagram below is designed to help our customers differentiate between private plumbing issues and TasWater responsibilities by outlining the water and sewerage infrastructure and connection points around a property.
As long as your property is connected to our water and sewerage infrastructure, TasWater is responsible for ensuring that these services comply with requirements outlined under the respective national regulations.
If you are connected to our water infrastructure, TasWater is responsible for delivering water to the connection point at your property except:
- in the case of planned or unplanned interruptions as outlined in our Customer Charter
- declaration of a water supply emergency as outlined under the Water Management Act 2000 (Tas)
- where TasWater is entitled to restrict or discontinue supply as outlined in our Customer Charter or
- in the case of events beyond reasonable control
If you property is connected to our sewerage infrastructure we will remove the sewage from the connection point at your property except:
- in the case of planned interruptions or unplanned interruptions
- or where we are entitled to restrict or discontinue supply as outlined in our Customer Charter in the case of events beyond our reasonable control or
- where it has been determined that a blockage is due to a private plumbing issue and not due to the failure of our sewerage infrastructure
For more information regarding your water and sewerage service and our responsibilities please refer to the Customer Charter or call 13 6992.
For more information regarding what backflow is, prevention and responsibilities please click here.