Public Health Alerts - Do Not Consume
Advice to customers
- do not drink your tap water or use it for cooking
- boiling the water does NOT make it safe to drink
- the water is safe for showering, washing clothes, toilets and gardening
- for information about the health implications associated with drinking water that has been contaminated please call the DHHS Public Health Hotline on 1800 671 738.
TasWater will keep customers fully informed through community meetings or direct mail of:
- investigations confirming the source of contamination
- steps taken to provide safe drinking water or an alternative supply
- longer term infrastructure upgrade options to secure a safe water supply
Please call us at any time on 13 6992 should you have questions or concerns about your drinking water.