Tenders and Expressions of Interest
TasWater tendering system
TasWater's tenders are now being listed and processed via the e-Tendering website . This system has been incorporated to improve the speed and efficiency for both TasWater and our suppliers.
How does it work?
To use this system and to access the tenders being called by TasWater you must first be a registered Supplier. You will then receive access to the latest tenders and all relevant tendering information.
To find out more, register or view TasWater's current tenders visit the Tenderlink website (link above).
Contractor and supplier information
TasWater provides information to ensure all suppliers and contractors are aware of your obligations and TasWater’s expectations of your performance - and what you can expect from us.
Contractors and suppliers
Contracting at TasWater
The following information is provided to ensure all suppliers and contractors are aware of your obligations and TasWater’s expectations of your performance – and what you can expect from us.
What we look for
TasWater works to the principle of best value for money. This is at the core of all our business relationships with suppliers of goods and services. Best value for money does not automatically mean the lowest price.
We balance all relevant factors including initial cost whole-of-life costs (performance maintenance and disposal) quality reliability and timeliness in determining true value for money.
What we ask of you
We require all contractors observe the following principles when doing business with TasWater:
- Comply with our systems for engaging suppliers procurement policies and procedures.
- Provide accurate and detailed information when required.
- Declare conflicts of interest as soon as you become aware of them.
- Act ethically fairly and honestly in all dealings with us.
- Take all reasonable measures to prevent disclosure of confidential TasWater information.
- That you comply with our Standard Terms and Conditions
Our safety health and environment policies
In line with our commitment to act as a model corporate citizen we continue to maintain a strong focus on safety health and environmental issues across the business – including our suppliers. When the corporation was formed we adopted policy documents to guide all our activities in these areas.
Contractors to TasWater are required to meet the corporation’s safety health and environmental standards.
Why should suppliers follow this guidance?
The advice we provide ensures all parties will be able to advance their business objectives and interests in a fair and ethical manner. All suppliers of goods and services to TasWater are required to comply.
Suppliers should also be aware of the consequences of not complying with TasWater’s requirements when doing business with us. Demonstrated corrupt or unethical conduct could lead to:
- termination of a contract or contracts
- removal from TasWater’s approved supplier database
- damage to reputation
- potential long term loss of future work due to damage to reputation
- formal investigation for corruption and other offences.
What suppliers can expect from us
TasWater will endeavour to ensure that its policies procedures and practices related to tendering and contracting are consistent with best practice and high standards of ethical conduct.
When doing business with suppliers and contractors TasWater employees are accountable for their actions and are expected to:
- deal fairly honestly and ethically with all individuals and organisations that supply goods or services to TasWater
- avoid any conflicts of interest where an employee could be influenced or could be perceived to be influenced by a personal interest in carrying out their duty to TasWater
- refuse improper rewards or gifts that are intended to or are likely to create the perception that they may act in a partial manner in the course of their duties• observe legislative industrial or administrative requirements relevant to our position and any guidelines issued by TasWater concerning the performance of their duties
- encourage fair competition while seeking value for money
- ensure all relevant potential suppliers are given equal access to information and opportunities to submit bids
- ensure all procurement or disposal activities and decisions are fully and clearly documented to provide an effective internal audit trail allowing for effective performance review of contracts
- endeavour to ensure tenders will not be called unless TasWater has a firm intention to proceed to contract
- endeavour to ensure TasWater will not disclose confidential or personal information unless legally compelled or able to do so
- source wherever reasonably commercially feasible energy efficient equipment products containing recycled materials and environmentally friendly products
- source only from companies that have appropriate OH&S and Environmental Management Systems in place
Works Program Presentation to Contractors and Consultants 2015
TasWater Insurance Documents
Please click here to access TasWater insurance documents.
Generic Electrical and Automation Standards
Available on request
- TasWater North West SCADA Standard Specification - Version 1.1