Concessions and Rebates
TasWater assists eligible customers to receive Tasmanian Government funded water and sewerage concession of up to $186 (water $93.00 and sewerage $93.00) for the 2016-17 financial year. The concession is applied as per the guidelines published at http://concessions.tas.gov.au.
To be eligible you must be legally responsible for the account and occupy the property as your principal place of residence.
- DHS Health Care Card
- DHS or DVA Pensioner Concession Card
- DVA Health Card (also known as a Gold Card)
Applying for a concession
We are required to verify your eligibility for a concession with Centrelink, which requires you to provide consent for us to share your information with Centrelink. All new applications for concession include this consent clause, however, many older applications did not include this step.
If active consent is required for your existing concession, we will be contacting you shortly.
TasWater will honour any not-for-profit rebates that were applied to customers accounts in 2012/13 for the 2013/14 financial year, providing the customer is still classed as a not-for-profit organisation. However, the rebate will be phased out over three years in order to give those customers who currently receive a rebate the opportunity to adjust to the increased charges.
For your organisation this means:
- you will receive the full applicable rebate on service charges for the 2013/14 financial year (as long as you are still classed as a not-for-profit organisation and have advised us in writing)
- in 2014/15 you will receive two thirds of the applicable rebate off your service charges
- in 2015/16 you will receive a third of your applicable rebate off your service charges
- in 2016/17 you will be required to pay for the full rate for your water and sewerage services
Special needs customers
TasWater offers a discount to:
customers using kidney dialysis machines in their homes; and
- customers where it is determined by TasWater that they have special requirements, because of a medical condition of the customer or persons to whom services are provided by the customer; and
- any special needs customers as determined by the Economic Regulator.
The discount is equal to 200kL per annum at the prevailing volumetric tariff (pro rata to apply).
For home haemodialysis patients, your renal unit will ask permission to forward your account details to TasWater. This information will allow TasWater to apply the discount to your account.
For customers with other medical conditions, please contact our Customer Service team via e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 13 6992 for further information. Alternatively you may wish to visit one of our shop fronts: locations can be found on our Contact Us page.
Water leak rebate
If you receive a higher than average water usage charge as a result of a concealed water leak, TasWater may provide you with a rebate of up to 50% for the water usage amount over your average bill. To claim the rebate you will need to provide TasWater with written evidence that the leak has been repaired by a licensed plumber. TasWater allows one rebate per property for the duration of ownership.