Pay Your Account
TasWater has a number of options for customers requiring assistance to pay their account. If you are having difficulty paying your account please contact our customer service team on 13 6992.
Pay your bill with automatic debits from your nominated bank account. You can choose to pay:
- In full on the due date, or
- In fixed weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments
Things you need to know:
- you will still continue to receive your quarterly statement from us
- you can set up a direct debit from your cheque, savings or credit card account
- as a customer, it is your responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient funds available in your nominated account at the time funds are drawn
- under the Customer Code, TasWater has the right to refuse further payment arrangements after three (3) consecutive broken payment arrangements
- to cancel or make any changes to a direct debit arrangement please contact us on 13 6992
Contact your financial institution to make a payment from your nominated account.
BPAY biller code:
See the back of your bill
BPAY reference number:
See the back of your bill
Online Credit Card Payment
Online payment biller code:
See the back of your bill for your Biller Code, under the Service Tasmania > Internet section, and click the corresponding link below:
Online payment reference number:
See the back of your bill, under the Service Tasmania > Internet section
Through Service Tasmania you can choose to pay in person at a Service Tasmania shop or by phone.
1300 729 859
At any Service Tasmania shop. For opening hours and locations call 1300 135 513 or visit www.service.tas.gov.au
In Person at TasWater Customer Service Centres:
- Shop 5, Columnar Court, 22 Wilmot Street, Burnie 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- 23 Stewart Street, Devonport 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- 17 Orr Street, Queenstown 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- 36-42 Charles Street, Launceston 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- 169 Main Road Moonah, Hobart 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Cheque or Credit Card
Detach the payment slip and complete the credit card details or send a cheque payable to TasWater.
- Please do not use staples
- Please include your payment slip
Pay with cash, EFTPOS, credit card or cheque at Australia Post.
Centrepay is a free direct bill-paying service offered to customers receiving payments from Centrelink. Through Centrepay you can choose to pay bills by having a regular amount deducted from you Centrelink payment. Phone Centrelink or visit the website for more information. Please call our Customer Service Officers on 13 6992 to confirm the Centrepay Service Provider number for your region.
Centrepay Deductions – New TasWater arrangement from 1 July 2013
As of 1 July 2013, Ben Lomond Water, Cradle Mountain Water and Southern Water merged to form the new statewide single water corporation, TasWater.
For all customers that had existing Centrepay deductions, these are automatically being transferred to TasWater by the 31 October 2013. If you wish to cease or alter your Centrepay deduction, please contact the Department of Human Services on your usual payment telephone number. If you have any questions regarding these changes, please direct your enquiry to email@example.com or phone 13 6992.
Financial Hardship Policy
TasWater recognises that customers may experience times of financial hardship due to changes in circumstances beyond their control. We have a Financial Hardship Policy that affirms our commitment to helping customers who have the intent, but not the capacity, to make payments.